Smaller Projects Still Add Tremendous Value
With spring right around the corner it is the perfect time to check off some of the remodeling to-do’s on your list. Even some of our recent smaller projects, made a huge difference for their homeowners. Here are just a few examples:
Recently we kicked off a project on a home right off of Lake Calhoun—this is a beautiful area to stroll around and we wanted the homeowners to be proud of their new updates. Here are some of the items we worked on:
- We spray foamed the ductwork in one of the crawl spaces to improve energy efficiency. This is a great way to save on utility costs and be environmentally friendly.
- Wood paneling is becoming a bit outdated—we removed interior paneling from a few rooms and repainted with sleek new colors. Going along with our touch ups, we also painted all of the stained woodwork white to match the new look.
- Bathrooms are the perfect place to focus your plans—we gave the main level bathroom a serious upgrade with a new vanity and medicine cabinet.
- Adding to the list, we also replaced the washer dryer area with new cabinetry and a wet bar.
- An easy way to make big visual impact—we changed some of the rooms by either adding a wall or shrinking an existing opening. The best part? Nothing involved with this was structural, but the results dramatically changed the look and feel.
- Lastly, we “pickled” the wood siding on the walls in the upstairs loft and repainted the beams. This is a great way to create a warm and modern environment.
Also in Minneapolis, we recently worked on a smaller scale project off of Dean Parkway and were delighted with the results. Here’s a look at what we did:
- Wood ceiling beams were added to the living room—this was the perfect way to update the appearance of an everyday room.
- Cabinets are also an effective way to update the look of a kitchen—we added a new pantry cabinet, remodeled a base cabinet into a recycling center, and worked on another cabinet by turning half of the space under the sink into a pull out garbage bin.
Smaller projects in your home can be a great alternative to a total overhaul. We would love to help out with all of your needs—both big and small!